Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Where'd that balance go?

Today I am back at work, working late, and wondering where all that wonderful balance went. Two days back in the office and my desk is absolutely buried...training applications for employees, purchase orders, domestic violence audit results, visa statements, and copies of McGruff the Crime Dogs word scramble puzzle (for the trick-o-treat bags that I've yet to put together) are scattered around my office. What a mess!

I wonder if my dog misses having me at home and making trips to play fetch by the river as much as I do. While he's locked up in the kitchen waiting for his dad to get home and let him out, I wonder if he stares out the window and thinks back to our leisurely days while I was on vacation last week. I know that's what I'm doing when I stare out the window at today's beautiful autumn weather. I wonder if my husband would support me being a stay at home mom for Jack the springer/setter/pound pup?

I know that working the occasional long day at the office is part of the perfectly balanced life, but today I think I'd rather be drinking a pumpkin spice soy chai tea and strolling along the riverbank with Jack happily bouncing along at my side.

No comments: